Thursday 25 September 2014

Medicom Toys RAH 653 - Batman : The Dark Knight Returns.






"I leave my car in the lot. I can't stand to be inside anything right now. I walk the streets of this city I'm learning to hate, the city that's given up, like the whole world seems to have. I'm a zombie. A Flying Dutchman. A dead man, ten years dead...I'll feel better in the morning. At least, I'll feel it less...It's the night...when the city's smells call out to him, though I lie between silk sheets in a million-dollar mansion miles away...when a police siren wakes me, and, for a moment, I forget that it's all over...but Batman was a young man. If it was revenge he was after, he's taken it. It's been forty years since he was born..."
- Bruce Wayne, inner reflection.
 
"The time has come. You know it in your soul. For I am your soul...you cannot escape me. You are puny, small. You are nothing...a hollow shell, a rusty trap that cannot hold me..smoldering, I burn you...burning you, I flare, hot and bright, and fierce and beautiful...you cannot stop me...not with wine or vows or the weight of age...you cannot stop me but still you try...still you run...you try to drown me out...but your voice is weak..."
- Bruce Wayne, inner voice.
 
"...power lines are down all over the suburbs. It's a mean one...and it's headed straight for Gotham. Like wraith of God it's headed for Gotham..."
- weather cast report.
 
"...breakthrough in hair replacement techniques, and that's the...excuse me...I've just been handed this bulletin...a large, bat-like creature has been sighted on Gotham's South Side. It is said to have attacked and seriously injured three cat-burglars who have plagued that neighbourhood. You don't suppose..."
- newscaster report.
 
"This just in...two young children who disappeared this morning have been found unharmed in a riverside warehouse. An anonymous tip led police to the warehouse, where they found the children with six members of the Mutant Gang. All six are suffering from multiple cuts, contusions, and broken bones. They were rushed to Gotham General Hospital. The children described an attack on the Gang members by a huge man dressed like Dracula..."
- newscaster report.
 
"This should be agony. I should be a mass of aching muscle...broken, spent, unable to move. And, were I an older man, I surely would...but I'm a man of thirty...of twenty again. The rain on my chest is a baptism...I'm born again..."
- The Batman.

....................................................................................................................................

Finally arrived. This is my third Medicom figures (Kaneda, Tetsuo being the others) and true to my expectation, the figure is a tad smallish in scale. It captures Frank Miller 1986's four issues "The Dark Knight Returns" version of the Batman nicely - hunched, fat and menacing - though the materials used leaves me a bit concern - rubberised suit and molded belt, pouches. And due to the boots being molded and stiff, the classic "hunch" look could not be achieved. This is the second suit used in the series, the first being the one with blue, grey and bat sign with yellow circle, which, after the battle with the Mutant Leader, is discarded and replaced with this one (the third one is the armoured suit Bruce uses to fight Superman in the finale). Due to the material, I dare not pose it too much. Of course only time would tell how the figure would stand the test. The cape is lined with wire for posing, which is nice. All in all it is alright for keep, unless a better one comes about.

No comments:

Post a Comment