Friday 2 January 2015

Phicen - Artistic Interpretation : Huntress.





As I personally understand, Phicen is primarily known for its seamless female bodies. Opinions, from what I read, varies, either like it or dislike. Having not owned any Phicen products, this figure is a first. I got it because of the "gears" it comes with - have a kitbash in mind of which may or may not happen. I like the Gong Li / Shu Qi (I think) resemblance headsculpt. But I couldn't help but feel that a more Caucasian face would suit the theme "fantasy warrior" better, which I think is geared towards something which comes from a, say, Luis Royo or Boris Vallejo artwork. This goes for the style of the rooted hair as well. There's the "clack, clack" sounds each time I moved the joints, which are really tight. Being covered in rubber, I have to ensure a balance of pressure is applied, to avoid breakage. But it couldn't be avoided, for me anyway. The two rings on the boots armour split apart, one of the strings on the corset is tied in a dead knot and some stains occurrence on the body while putting on the "gears". By the way, the instruction sheet could be improved - the pictures looked like it was Xerox-ed in darkest tone available, obscuring some of the assembly steps. The prototype pictures (as well as can be seen on the box) features a much deeper tone. The actual figure in hand is more "brown-ish" in colourway. But not a concern at all. Anyway, I may look for an alternative Phicen headsculpt to swap out this one, if it matches the skin tone. Apart from that, the figure is all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment